About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Suzuki violin lessons

Perhaps you were wondering about the mac-n-cheese box?  Hmmm?  Well, the Noodle is starting to take violin lessons and before they begin with the instrument, they get a "box violin" (hence the mac-n-cheese!).  She had her first lesson last night and seemed to take to it pretty well.  One of the key components of the Suzuki method is that the parent learns along with the child and then reinforces what has been taught at home.  I've never played the violin (piano, yes--many, many moons ago) so I'm learning right along with her.  Listening to the music is also key, so she won't learn to read music for a while.  We'll see how it goes...she's been demonstrating a definite stubborn streak lately and we've been having quite a few explosive major melt-downs.  The old nursery rhyme about a little girl with a little curl comes to mind--"when she was good she was very, very good and when she was bad, she was horrid!!!!"

No comments: