About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Advent chain--Day 21

"Celebrate the Noodle's birthday!"

Today the Noodle turns 4!  However if you ask her, she'll say that she's turning 5 and going to Kindergarten.  I keep telling her "NO WAY!!  Not yet!!!!!!"  She just giggles and looks up at me with those beautiful, almond eyes.  What a goofy-ball!

On Daddy's way home from the gym this morning, he stopped by Dunkin Donuts and picked up some munchkins for her (anyone else see the irony in that?!) for a special birthday breakfast.  She and I spent some time at the library and then snuggling by the tree as we read all her new books.  Then, late in the afternoon, Lollie, Papa, Grandma and Grandpa came over for dinner, cake and presents.
A few weeks ago, I started asking the Noodle what kind of a cake she wanted.  She kept saying a "Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo" cake.  Now when asked to clarify further, she was never very specific about whether she wanted a fairy godmother cake, a pumpkin/carriage cake, a Cinderella cake or a princess cake--just Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo!!  Ack!  Finally I started dropping hints that perhaps a Thomas cake would be cool.  Jackpot--so easily swayed, thank goodness.  When she saw me looking at Thomas cakes online, she got very excited, until mean 'ol Mama had to burst her bubble, that try as I might, there was NO WAY I was going to be able to recreate a train with cars in the form of a birthday cake.  Ace of Cakes I'm not.  When she woke up this morning and saw what I had created, she was thrilled none-the-less.  Gotta love her!!
After the cake, dinner was easy--Hello?  Chinese take-away?  Rice, noodles, chicken with cashew, beef with broccoli, Kung Pao chicken and Daddy's homemade jiaozi dumplings.  De-lish!!

As far as presents go, there was a little bit of this and a little bit of that.  Some homemade gifts, some store bought, some practical and a little nod to the tech-y (thanks Uncle and Aunt C--what a hit!).  I'd say that we have one very happy, content little person...and she is snoozing away, thanks to all the excitement!


1 comment:

Debbie Sauer said...

Happy Birthday Noodle! It has been a pleasure to see you grow. Blessings