About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Advent chain--Day 5

"Buy items for the Isaiah Tree at church"

As you know, a favorite aisle of the Noodle's!
Each year, our church partners with an inner city church to help provide Christmas gift bags for those who might be having a harder time making the season merry and bright.  There are all different ages to choose from and this year, we picked a toddler girl and an adult man.  The Noodle and I had fun shopping for all kinds of things to help fill up the bags.
"I think she'll like these!"
Getting ready to fill the bag.
It was also a great opportunity to gently "speak the truth in love" and remind her that what we were buying, wasn't about her.  Obviously a 3, soon to be 4 year-old is still very egocentric, but it is never to early to start teaching the power of thinking and giving to others.  We can give to others because Christ has given so much to us!
Placing the bags under the tree at church.
Um, hello?  Cheesy grin?  Yeah, she's sportin' it!

No comments: