About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Sunday, December 18, 2011

A tradition all our own

One of the traditions that our little family started when we grew from 2 to 3, was to make jiaozi as one of our Christmas goodies.  I should correct myself and say that J is the one who actually  makes them, but we like to hang in the kitchen and lend our support.  Some years I'll pitch in, other years I'm more of an observer and conversationalist.  A few years back Uncle and Aunt C were in town and we had a jiaozi making party after the Noodle went to bed.
Yesterday afternoon seemed like the best time to set aside the 2-3 hours that it takes to make these little pockets of goodness.  So while it was doing this outside,
 inside it looked more like this--
When everything was said and done, J made 140 dumplings.  They certainly are a labor of love, but are soo worth it.  I also love how it is a way to weave in the Noodle's history into our traditions.  Do you have any fun family traditions?
 

No comments: