About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Advent Chain Day 10

"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas"..."Deck the halls"..."It's the most wonderful time of the year"...!
Today we got to decorate the house and set up the Christmas tree.  Always such a fun day!  I love taking that trip down memory lane as each and every ornament is put up.  They always bring back such a flood of memories.
There's the angel tree topper that we made our first Christmas as a married couple, the delicate ones that my grandmother made all those years ago and the old reliable ones that hung on our trees as children, like J's red Corvette and "bonga" cars (no surprise there!) and my glass angel and silver bell.  Then there are the ornaments that represent our family of 3 like the sand dollar from our beach vacations, the cross from the Noodle's baptism and all of the precious hand-made ones that the C.N. so carefully and lovingly crafted.  It is certainly not a thematic tree, but I wouldn't change it for the world.  It soo represents us.
 It really is the most wonderful time of the year!


No comments: