About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Day 5--Make hot cocoa and crank up the Christmas tunes!


I'm sure your town is like ours...there's that one station that starts playing Christmas music on Thanksgiving straight through until Christmas day. Generally, they choose more of the "Feliz Navidad" and Chipmunks versions than traditional caroles. No matter, for a small period of time it is easy to bask in the glow of the season and then you suddenly realize you're tapping right along with Alvin, Simon and Theodore. This afternoon, I was able to drag J away from the basement where he was feverishly working on "presents". We found the cocoa, the mini-marshmallows and enjoyed being together. The Noodle didn't seem to mind the music selection--ha ha!






**She had about one sip and then said "too hot!!!" and refused to drink anymore, even after it was put in the freezer...sometimes there is just no reasoning with a little one!

***While I am posting, this is what is happening outside in the hallway--they are taking down the gate by the stairs

No comments: