About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas visit down South

My maternal side of the family got together over the holiday weekend to celebrate Christmas, so we got to take a little road trip. It is far enough away to make you glad when you arrive, but certainly do-able in a day. We convened at my Uncle's, who has an AMAZING house that sits high above the river. He is an expert at entertaining and loves to do it; this time was no different. In years past, there has been a holiday theme. One year it was bears. There are a few "life size" bears roaming around his house that always seem to come out at just the right time...the Noodle came across a few of them and was set the rest of the night. We are only able to get everyone together about once a year, so it is always a special time. This year, Uncle and Aunt C were able to make it. They haven't seen some of the family since their wedding in '04 and others even before that. I know it was meaningful for everyone.





No comments: