About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Advent Chain Day 15--Read Christmas stories

Today was a little bittersweet since it was our last day of speech. Our therapist "DeeDee" has been great and the Noodle has always been excited to go and see her. There is no doubt that she is one of the reasons why the C.N. has made such progress. We will certainly miss her and all of her crazy antics!! Thanks for everything DeeDee :)


I'm sure if you are like me, many of the traditions that become incorporated into your family are variations on the ones that you participated in as a child. This is certainly the case for me and Christmas books. There is one in particular, Christmas at Bullerby by Astrid Lingrid, that holds a special place in my heart. We got the book while we were living in England and I have since looked for it here, but have been unable to find it. In a nutshell, it is about seven children who live in the small town of Bullerby, Sweden and how they get ready for Christmas. Some of you may be more familiar with the author's other famous character, Pipi Longstocking. Anyway, as we were reading it this morning in front of the tree and the Noodle was all snuggly and warm, I got tears in my eyes at the wonder of the situation--me holding the child that we had so desperately dreamed and prayed for. Christmas is such a wonderful time anyways, but especially when there is a young child to share it with. I just thank God once again for this wonderful little person who is now in our lives and who makes us smile each and every day. Here's to reading and all the memories books can conjure up!



No comments: