About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Advent Chain Day 23--Make birthday cupcakes for Jesus

Today's activity was to make birthday cupcakes for Jesus. Wouldn't you know it, I ran out of muffin liners and so had to improvise...mini-loaf cakes. I'm sure Jesus won't mind. It has been that kind of baking season. I'll think I have enough flour, only to realize half-way through, that nope, I don't. Out to the store to get more...ditto for butter. We had to ration out eggs this morning so that I could finish everything up and almost had another "scare" with flour (Uncle S and Aunt C are coming over to make dumplings), but then decided to save the white and use the whole wheat for our Christmas morning Kugelhoff (coffeecake) so the scare was averted. The sad thing is, is that I make (and stick) to a grocery list when I go shopping. I even bought more than I thought I'd need. Guess I just underestimated!

Using up the last of the liners.


Red velvet cupcakes with white buttercream frosting.

There is still quite a bit of wrapping and last minute odds and ends left to do, but thankfully Auntie and Uncle are coming over early to play with the Noodle, thus freeing me to finish up. Thank you so much!!!!!!

No comments: