About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Saturday, June 6, 2009

There's no place like home!

Killin' time, riding around the hospital in the wagon.
Enjoying the last few minutes of the wheelchair ride.
We were finally discharged from the hospital yesterday afternoon and were more than ready to go home. It figures that as the nurse was giving us our last instructions, the Noodle fell asleep in my arms. She slept through most of the ride down in the wheelchair, but did wake up at the end to enjoy the last little bit. It was a tough late afternoon/evening because she was so tired. She didn't want to eat or drink anything and she threw major fits when it was time to take her medicine. Both times, I ended up with a fair amount (how much exactly??!?) of the liquid on my shirt. Thankfully she slept peacefully through the night and this morning drank some milk, ate some applesauce and was much more cooperative with the meds. I'm hoping that getting back into our normal routine will help make the recovery go even faster.

No comments: