About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

CSA Week 2

Can I interest you in a potato?

When the Noodle and I arrived home after getting the produce, J was out in the garden picking spinach. There was just enough for one portion. The Noodle wasn't even out of her car seat before she ate the entire thing. Interestingly enough, when we're inside, she REFUSES to eat it...won't even touch it. Hmmm...must be something about the extra soil.

This week's bounty included: red leaf lettuce, romaine lettuce, "kitchen greens" (not quite sure, but I think this includes a little bit of everything like kale, collards, beet greens, etc.), beets, turnips, garlic scamps, new potatoes and onions. We had some of the red leaf lettuce for dinner tonight. Literally fresh off the farm.

No comments: