About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

1st week of the CSA


This summer we decided to sign up to be a part of a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) group. Each week we go to a "drop off" spot in our little community and for $12 or a half-share, we get fresh veggies that were grown locally (using organic methods). I had heard that you had to be a little more creative in June, since most of the produce were greens, but that come July, it really pays off. Tonight was the first night we were able to go. Our share included: 1 bunch romaine lettuce, 1 bunch kale, 1 bunch raddishes, 1 bunch bok choy, 1 bunch green onions, garlic scamps and 2 zucchini. The lettuce, green onions, zucchini and garlic scamps (use similar to scallions) should be no problem, but I'm REALLY going to have to put on my chef's hat with the kale and the bok choy. I'll let you know if I find any good recipes. This is the perfect push for me to get back into the cookbooks and try to spice up our dinner meals!

No comments: