About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Summertime in a glass

Some of you may remember how we went and picked strawberries last summer.  We picked a lot.  Like 5 bushels.  It was great for eating, making jam, strawberry shortcakes, etc. but I ended up freezing a bunch too.  I have since some to the realization that I am able to do a lot more with frozen raspberries and blueberries, but I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do with all the frozen strawberries still in our freezer.  Taking up space.  Hmmm (any ideas would be greatly appreciated!).

So, even though it is in the low 20s out, I thought it would be a fun treat to make smoothies.  I know...quick on the uptake here.  Don't know why I didn't think of it sooner (slapping self upside the head).

So we gathered our ingredients.
Located the handy blender food processor.
And proceeded to pulverize away.
Ahhh...the sweet taste of summertime in a glass!  The Noodle gives it a thumbs up!!

1 comment:

Seth said...

We love to add chocolate tofu to our smoothies for a healthy, yet chocolatey addition...yum!!

Frozen strawberries are also really good in oatmeal...put them in the oatmeal with the water or milk and as the oatmeal microwaves the strawberries will thaw. Hmm...makes me hungry!