About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Strawberry pickin' time


Yesterday morning, the Noodle and I headed out to pick strawberries. It was warm, but since it was early and there was a nice breeze, it wasn't too bad. After we had picked 2 buckets, the Noodle said "let's go get more", so off we went to pick more. The farm had a deal that if you picked 4, then you got the 5th one free. As you can imagine, we are now swimming in berries--but they taste delicious!

Afterward we stopped and had some frozen custard made with fresh strawberries. I don't think she could quite believe we were eating ice cream at 11:30 in the morning. The novelty of it!





Don't worry, we split it!

What I've been busy making--

2 comments:

Debbie Sauer said...

They look so good, I love strawberries. I love all the things you do with the Noodle. She will always remember them. I went along to China 2 years ago to get my granddaughter from Hunan. She is such a bright spot in our lives.
They will be adopting again and I sure hope it's from China. Blessings

Seth said...

Can you ship some of your strawberry goodness to Boston!? Pretty-please!!