About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

I'm going back to Cali

The year after college, when I traveled as a consultant for my sorority, I spent a good bit of time out on the West Coast.  During one visit (to San Diego State University) the women took me out for fish tacos.  I had never had them before, but let me tell ya...they were delish!  Nothing quite like a fish taco eaten on the beaches of Southern California...basking in the sun...ahhhhhh.

So lately, I've had a hankering for some sun and surf.  Perhaps because of the perpetual gray that is surrounding us now...yuck.  You can read the recipe that I used here, but I also included a few photos.  Sorry for the grainy quality of some of them.  You can blame it on the weather (or the rain--like Milli Vanilli said--did I just date myself?!)

Red cabbage, doused with some vinegar
Fresh cilantro and a little onion (I took the quick way and used dried onion...really, it is better w/green onions)
Mix in the lime juice, mayo and Greek yogurt
Pull out the tortillas and layer cabbage, fish (leftover from a previous meal w/a great rub), some yellow tomatoes and top with the lime-cilantro cream.  Yum!

No comments: