About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Monday, December 28, 2015

Christmas Recap Take 3--Down South Style


The last of our Christmas festivities culminate when we drive a few hours away to visit my extended family.  Our little family of 4 always makes a pit stop at IKEA and it never disappoints.
First stop, lunch after the long drive.  J was in his glory.  Can you see the Noodle's approval? She gives it a thumbs up.
Then, on to my Uncle's house.  He just celebrated his 50th birthday and for the bash, they built a bar and a raised stage for the 3-piece jazz band and singer.  I mean, um, hello?!  Crazy creative!!  Christmas at their house never disappoints (see here, here, or here)!

 Here's the bar--Club Claus.
 The raised bar with the grand piano.  Oh yes, they also love nutcrackers!
 Enjoying hors d'oeuvres.
 Love this little family of mine!
 A few weeks ago we were here celebrating my Nana's 90th birthday.  They love to throw a party!  Here was the table for the girls.
 Dessert table
The table for the adults
I spy J behind the bar!  See that huge martini glass?  It rotated.  For reals.
 Taking in the gorgeous view of the river...even if it was gray, foggy and rainy.  Still breathtaking.
 Generations.
 The table for the girls.
 Cheers!
 Time for presents.
 A trip here is never complete without a ride on the Polar Bear Express!
 The next day we went to my Aunt's house for brunch and more chatting.
Finally, we ended up down at one of our family's favorite restaurant for coneys.  Even though everyone was so stuffed, we still managed to enjoy!
It is hard to believe that Christmas has come and gone, but it was another wonderful holiday!  Merry Merry!!

No comments: