About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Monday, December 28, 2015

Hot Pot


Our friends from church have taken us under their wing and included us in all kinds of Chinese traditions.  Most recently we were able to try hot pot.


In all honesty, I had never heard of hot pot before meeting them, but let me tell you, it was so fun!  It is very similar to fondue--a communal, simmering pot of broth that you dip various goodies into.
The spread was so elaborate!  4 different types of fish balls, crab sticks, tofu, bok choy, 2 different types of mushrooms, fried tofu, glass noodles, salmon, talapia, shrimp, tofu skin, dumplings, clams, beef and udon noodles.  Whew, I think that was everything!
The natives are getting restless and are ready to eat!!
 She.is.ready!
Our lovely hostess who makes all this food prep and entertaining look effortless.
 2 stuffed families with happy bellies!  Looks like we didn't even make a dent in the food, doesn't it?!
What get together is complete without a little guitar hero for the kiddos while the adults continue to graze?
We all decided that this will definitely have to become a Christmas tradition.  If you ever have the chance to try hot pot, make sure you give it a shot!

No comments: