About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Raspberry pickin' time!

As we roll from one berry season into the next, I swear I find it hard to decide which one I love more...strawberries, blueberries or raspberries!  Each one is delicious in it's own way I guess.
Since it was such a gorgeous morning, we thought it would be perfect to go pick.  The place where we go is just about 15 minutes from our home--they call themselves "the farm in the city" because it is right literally next to Downtown.  Just a hop, skip and a jump away!
We did pretty well for ourselves.  6 qts of those beautiful, red, juicy orbs.  Yum!  The Noodle had fun picking and talking non-stop to us, but once we gave her the go-ahead that she could sample, she went hog wild.  We practically had to drag her out of the patch because she would run ahead, grab and shove and then laugh like a maniac, circle back to us and then do it all again.  Finally I grabbed her hand and we managed to make it out of there without the entire farm sitting in her tummy.  Ha!

No comments: