About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Thursday, August 18, 2011

CSA week 7

We got a nice little bonus this week in our CSA share.  Normally we get mainly veggies, but this week we got a cantaloupe as well as blackberries (notice how they had to be put up high?!  Someone COULD NOT stop themselves from eating them!).  We also scored some corn, red leaf lettuce, an onion, a yellow pepper, and two different kinds of tomatoes.  In our garden this year J planted lots of grape/cherry tomatoes but only 1 or 2 large tomato plants, so this will be a nice addition--anyone else out there luurrve a homegrown tomato and sharp cheddar cheese sandwich with a little mayo?  Yummmy!  I'm licking my chops as I type...definitely tomorrow for lunch :)

1 comment:

Jill said...

oh my goodness....i LOVE me some good tomato sandwiches!!!

your little girl is such a beauty :)

thanks for commenting on my blog a few days ago...it's nice to 'meet' you