About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Gone Pickin'

The Noodle and I had planned to go blueberry picking yesterday.  At the last minute, I decided that perhaps I'd better check the farm's website to make sure they were open, etc.  Good thing!  They had posted that they were closed until Saturday so the berries could ripen.  We would have driven all that way...for nothing! 
By waiting a day, J was able to come with us.  Hooray!  Unfortuantely, I think it was still a bit early in the season.  There were tons of berries, but not as many of them were ripe.  Soooo, we had to hunt and work more for our berries and still didn't end up with as many as I had hoped.  While the Noodle was more focused on picking this year (read about her antics, last year, here) it wasn't long before she tired.  The lure of frozen berry custard, as a reward at the end, helped spur her on.  Maybe we'll have to go back and try to get some more.  Blueberries are definitely one of my favorite fruits!


No comments: