About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Thursday, July 28, 2011

CSA Week 6

We had another full bounty from the CSA this week.  Included in our loot was:  kitchen greens, TONS of basil, an onion, some tomatoes,  some yellow squash, zucchini, and eggplants.  We also got yellow banana peppers, but J knows I always struggle with how to use these, so he dropped them on the barter table.  He picked up 2 additional eggplants in their place. 
 Now just a quick note about eggplant.  I personally don't mind them, but again am limited in how I use them (think ratatouille/moussaka).  J doesn't really care for them, so when I heard he brought home 3, I about fell over.  Then, after a quick discussion, I decided I'd try my hand at baba ganoush, the close relative to hummus--and let me tell ya, we eat a LOT of hummus in our family.  I'm hoping that the Noodle will overlook the eggplant factor and focus on the similarities-to-hummus factor and gobble it up.  It will be pureed, after all, thus erasing any eggplant/vegetable connection. 

As far as these pictures of the Noodle go, I think we're heavy into that "I'm-going-to-act-like-a-lunatic-in-every-photo" stage.  Lovely.

No comments: