About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

This and that plus a birthday!

First and foremost--Happy birthday to my fabulous hubbie!  We opened presents this morning and had his ice-cream cake for dinner (always his request).  Thankfully it didn't melt from the DQ to the car and from the car into the house.  I'm sure my Nana would cringe at the sight of the cake still in the box, but when it is hot and you're short on time...we'll you get the drift!
 
Speaking of our house, it is all it can do to keep up and keep the temperature (somewhat) cool.  It is a heat wave people--ack!

While we were down visiting Uncle and Aunt C, we also got a phone call from our local library informing us that the Noodle had won a drawing through the summer reading program.  Yeah for her!
When we went for story-time this morning, she was able to redeem her prize--an Eric Carle boardgame.  Looks like it will be a fun one to play. 
Even though she's looking all serious in the first pic, she was really quite jazzed...just my little shy peanut!  Sorry for the horrid lighting--what is it with the library and lighting?!

No comments: