About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Carrot-cake muffins

After reading a book from the library (in which a horse gets to go out to pasture and eat all the carrot-cake muffins she likes, day after day) the Noodle requested to make some.  Sure--I happen to like carrot-cake, but put a big ol' dollop of cream cheese frosting on top and my "like" turns into "loooove"!  I do have a couple of "helpful pointers" for any of you out there who decide to make your own....

1.  Buy pre-grated carrots.  It is a big horrific pain in the patootie to try and grate baby carrots.  Not so good on the fingers/nails either, especially little ones.
This cracks me up...monkey see, monkey do!
2.  Don't try to skimp steps and go with the pre-made cream cheese frosting.  When you've been used to the "real" stuff, the store-bought just doesn't compare :(
Good thing they still made the Noodle smile!

No comments: