About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Friday, April 3, 2009

The Limp Noodle

Well we knew it would be just a matter of time before it happened, but are you ever really ready? I was talking to one of my best friends from high school yesterday, when she and her daughter were over for a playdate, about how fortunate we've been that the Chinese Noodle has been so healthy. I mean a runny nose here and there, but nothing beyond that. Of course as I'm talking, the poor Noodle's eyes are watering, her nose is running and she is feeling warmer and warmer. By the end of the playdate, all 4 of us had gone upstairs to get the thermometer (break it out of its brand-new packaging) and attempted to take the Chinese Noodle's temperature (she was SOOO not into that). Sure enough she had a full blown fever, poor limp Noodle.

The rest of the day was spent taking it easy in Mama's arms and attempting to get fluids into her. Thankfully the fever seemed to ease up around midnight and while she woke up quite frequently, she quickly went back to sleep. After she went down last night, I ran out to the library/drugstore to pick up some Elmo DVDs and some more Motrin. We spent the morning hangin' on the sofa with the little red guy and by lunch she seemed to be back to normal. I had harbored secret thoughts of getting some cleaning done while she vegged, but she was adamant about wanting me right there with her. Hopefully when she wakes from her nap, she'll still be feeling o.k. We've got a busy day planned tomorrow!!

Happy weekend :)


Hmmmmm, maybe this being sick thing isn't so bad. At least I get to watch TV and DVDs.
Feeling much better

2 comments:

Seth said...

Hey Kiddo - Aunty Cari is sympathsizing with you...hope you feel better soon! Love, Seth and Cari

Kimberly said...

Hope she's feeling much better soon! The extra time to cuddle is always nice, though!