About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Friday, December 26, 2008

What a holly, jolly Christmas!


Claire helping Papa open gifts

Meeting my new cousin

Thanks Santa!

Pre-breakfast snack to help me keep up my energy.

Waiting, waiting, waiting is so hard to do!!

Daddy and his beautiful princess

All I want for Christmas is you!

Christmas tea

Christmas Eve festivities with Lollie and Papa

Ho Ho Ho...what a holly, jolly Christmas 2008 turned out to be! We went over to Lollie and Papa's house for Christmas Eve tea and then headed to 5:00 church. Once we got home, we read a few Christmas stories and ended with a child's version of the Christmas story from the book of Luke. Since the Chinese Noodle had decided not to take a nap earlier in the day, she went down pretty quickly, after of course setting out cookies and milk for Santa.

After waking up bright and early, opening presents (the big gift was the trike from Santa) and eating breakfast, we headed out West to visit Grandma and Grandpa and all the aunts, uncles and cousins. We stayed there most of the afternoon before heading back to town and stopping to exchange gifts with Lollie and Papa. We made it back home, had a light dinner, bath and then collapsed into bed.

This weekend we head down South for a visit with my extended family. We'll see how the Chinese Noodle does sitting in the car for 3.5 hours...My brother and sister-in-law come in on Sunday, so the festivities will continue throughout the weekend and into next week! Don't you just love this time of year?

No comments: