About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Saturday, August 1, 2015

Easy Back-2-School bunting


While I always think of September as the "going back to school" month, the reality is, in fact, August is when it happens.
So, how about an easy school-themed DIY?  No sense wracking your brain when I bet most of the supplies you'll have on hand ;)

What you'll need:
--Something to hang your bunting on (i.e. twine, ribbon, yarn, extra fabric...anything goes--I used twine)
--scrappy fabric (any colors work, I went with primary colors)
--fabric scissors
--free printable vintage flash cards found here
--clothespins

Go ahead and string up your twine/ribbon/yarn.
I keep some small Command hooks up on the mantle to make it easy to interchange bunting and garland as an FYI.
After you've downloaded and cut out your flashcards, hang them up using the clothespins.
Next cut strips of scrappy fabric.  I just eyeballed it.  Different lengths.  My red was a bit too short so I just tied to scraps together to make 1 longer one.  Easy-peasy lemon squeezy.
Tie your scraps directly onto the twine.
Lastly, shop your house to find some school related goodies.
Stand back and admire the fact that you switched out your mantle in about 45 minutes from beginning to end, without spending a cent!
Hip-hip-hooray!

No comments: