About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Jesus in my heart

 A little orange popsicle residue around the mouth to remind us to get the last few licks of summer :)

Once a month the Noodle and I go up to the Board of Education office to drop off our insurance check--I know I could drop it in the mail, but I want to MAKE sure that it gets to where it needs to go.  Each month we see the same friendly ladies and chit-chat with them.  We've been doing this since we got home, which is going on our third year.  Most months, the Noodle acts stoic, shy or down-right refuses to say anything/interact until after we leave.  Once we walk out the office door, then she bubbles away again.  By the beginning of this summer, that behavior was really starting to annoy and embarrass me.  Grrrr.  I get that she is shy, but she was starting to use that response, "I'm shy", to act rude and be disrespectful.  As I like to say "not a good choice".  I decided to write a social story about being polite and using nice manners, especially when we're out in public like church, the Board office and the library, and I have to say it is working!

Yesterday, when we went in, she was polite, looked the adults in their eyes and even conversed with them.  At one point in time, she was telling a story about how she got afraid this summer (remembering VBS and the clown, perhaps??!) but then she told them that she remembered she had Jesus in her heart and so there wasn't any reason to be afraid.  I was just about bursting with pride :)  She's getting to be such a big girl, isn't she?  Sniff, sniff.

No comments: