About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Thursday, July 1, 2010

CSA Week 3



Time for honesty here--we're really falling behind on our veggies! We still have 2 zucchinis left over from the previous weeks as well as the kohlrabi. Aghh! We've been eating our veg like crazy, but still... Time for some zucchini bread and we're taking a kohlrabi/cauliflower dish over to Lolly and Papa's for the 4th--hee hee share the wealth I say :)

This week, we got: more kohlrabi, another zucchini, baby red potatoes, onions, a garlic head, 2 green tomatoes, red/green leaf lettuce, cilantro and REAL maple syrup. Yum! We've never gotten this before so I was excited to see that it was part of the "single" or half share. Usually the "family" or whole share gets the really good stuff. I can already taste the blueberry pancakes covered with real maple syrup that J will make us on Sat. Mmmmmm.

No comments: