About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Referral Call Anniversary


Today is our 2nd year anniversary of "The Call". Right before we had left for our vacation down to Florida that year, the Lord had laid this verse on my heart:

"But forget all that--it is nothing compared to what I'm going to do! For I'm going to do a brand new thing. See I have already begun! Don't you see it? I will make a road through the wilderness of the world for my people to go home, and create rivers for them in the dessert!" --Isaiah 43:18,19

At the time, I thought the Lord was speaking to me words of encouragement for J, since we had just found out our current pastor was leaving to go to another church and that meant that J would be the one "in control", since he was the Sr. Warden. Not more than 3 days later, I realized that yes, the Lord was speaking about the church situation, but He was also speaking about our (soon-to-be new) famiy situation. As so often times happens, we can't see what the Lord is doing, yet He knows that things have already begun. He can make a road through the wilderness. He can bring streams into the dry lands. He can unite a little girl from China with her forever family halfway around the world. He can, because He is a mighty, awesome God and He never tires of miracles.

***If you want to read more about "The Call", go here

1 comment:

Debbie Sauer said...

Wow, she has changed so much! I have enjoyed following your blog. I am addicted to adoption blogs! The trip to China for my granddaughter was one I will never forget!!