About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Thursday, July 8, 2010

CSA Week 4


J and the Noodle were getting creative--can you see that they made a veggie person's face? You have to really click on the image to see a bigger picture, but J's old glasses help "pull it all together". I guess that what accessories are suppose to do! The heat continues (I've heard it is all across the North and the NE) so we're doing as little cooking as possible. I finally made zucchini bread the other afternoon and the A.C. couldn't keep up! 2 of the kohlrabi got used up in a veggie curry we took to Lollie and Papa's (we still have 2 more lurking in the crisper drawer), but it didn't go over so well with the rest of the fam--I was the only one who liked it :(

This week we got: green beans, an eggplant, a cabbage, romaine lettuce, a yellow squash, another zucchini, one large white onion, beets, new potatoes, fresh basil and dill. With all the hot nights, our own veggie plants are growing like crazy. Our basil has taken off too, so making pesto is definitely on my to-do list. You use to be able to buy pine nuts at C*stco, but I haven't been able to find them lately. They were a good deal when I got them in bulk. Anyone priced pine nuts lately--exorbitant! I think I saw online that you can use walnuts, but I need to research this a bit further. If you have a good pesto recipe for me to use, I'd love to have it!

No comments: