About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Road Trip: Destination? Indy

J.E. and the C.N. hangin' out
Drying off after the "group" bath
Busy at the library
Arts-n-crafts time...making cards for the Daddies
I'm all 2 and all boy...this is my mean face
All 3 playing together
This past weekend, the C.N. and I took a road trip to visit my best friend from college, who lives in Indy. I was a bit nervous about making such a long drive by myself, but the C.N. did great!!! We did stop to eat lunch (usually I'm a fan of packing lunches and powering through) which extended the trip a bit, but it was certainly worth it for her sake. There was not one tear, squeal, fuss or whine the entire way there and back. What a blessing!

We had such a good time, hanging out with J and her 2 kiddos--J.E. and C. Her husband was out of town for part of the visit, so it was "more girls and 1 boy" as J.E. so finely put it. We hung out, laughed and visited the library for winter-themed movies (The Snowy Day, The Bear Snored On and Chicken Soup with Rice). It saddens me that we live so far away and that it is not easy to get together, but it makes the times that we do connect, even more special. The kids did a great job playing together too. J.E. is the oldest, at 4, C is 2.5 and of course the C.N. is just 2. There were a few squeals but all in all things went so smoothly. Thanks J for a great visit. Can't wait to see you later in the Spring!!

No comments: