About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Monday, January 19, 2009

Odds-n-Ends around the house





This past weekend was pretty low-key at our house. A little cleaning, a little baking, and a whole lot of lovin' and laughin'! J had to lead the annual meeting at church on Sunday so he was busy preparing for that. The C.N. and I kept busy with some of my old toys that we found at Lolly and Papa's house. She is really interested in playing make believe with her stuffed animals and dolls. Friday I rooted around the attic (in single digit temperatures) and located the stove top, some play food, my old china tea set and various other pots, pans, bowls, etc. as well as some well loved books, a doll stroller and Lolly's doll cradle with which I had also played. Saturday I got out the sewing machine and stitched up some new doll blankets, a doll pillow and a mattress for the cradle. J is going to lovingly restore it since it is a bit shaky due to old joints, etc. We'll have to post pictures of the cradle once it is finished. Gotta run...I hear the C.N. stirring in her crib.

No comments: