About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

What's Up Wednesday


It's the last Wednesday of the month, so that means I'm linking up to participate in a "What's Up Wednesday".


What we're eating this week:
A friend of mine had sent me the recipe for Cantonese Soy Sauce Pan Fried Noodles and since it is no secret that there is a certain love of noodles in this house, I decided we're going to try this one out later this week.
Another staple that makes a fairly frequent appearance on the dinnertime table is Cajun Shrimp and Rice.  Again, shrimp. rice. 'Nuff said.
What I'm reading:
It seems to be my track record to get through about two books a month.  I started off with One- Impossible Starts Here by Suzanne Mayernick and Gwen Oatsvall.  Great read.  Loved it.  Wrote a separate post about it here.  No hesitations--go read it and then do that one thing that the Lord places on your heart.
The other book was Lost Lake by Sarah Addison Allen.   A few months ago I read another book by her.  She's an author that I always enjoy and find myself getting lost in her books.  Always a good thing, right?!
What I'm reminiscing about:
Back in 2011, when the Noodle was 4, we went on a little road trip and visited The Storybook Forest. It is such a sweet step back in time--all of the nursery rhyme and fairy tale friends gathered together in one place.
We're not big amusement park people, but this place is worth the drive!  

What I'm excited about:
We're heading back to visit and I think Mei Mei is really going to enjoy it! The Noodle will still be able to go on all the rides, but this is probably the last year that we can get away with it.
What I'm loving:
Looking in the backseat and seeing this.  I use to always read in the car anytime we had to drive somewhere.  I love seeing the Noodle engrossed in a book.
This view, because, come on--gorgeous!
 Seeing this little one in her ballet outfit.  Precious!
Watching how both my girls embrace their heritage and are so proud of their birth country.  I know that this may change over time, or at least conflicted feelings may surface, but for now, when they want to wear their "silks" I want to support them 100%!
What are we doing for the 4th of July?
Our little neighborhood, for quite a long time, has been lacking in the kiddo department.  In fact, it was really just our two girls and one other little 2.5 year old boy.  Recently, however, we've had a few more families move in and so we decided to have a Independence Day bike parade.
We'll also go to our town's carnival and maybe (?) watch fireworks out over the Lake down at our neighborhood park.  Sadly Uncle and Aunt C won't be able to join us this year.  Boo--we'll miss them!
What we've been busy doing:
These past two weeks we've been doing swimming lessons in the mornings.  Both girls enjoy them and thankfully the weather hasn't been too frigid!
 
Mei Mei also had a check up down at the main campus of the hospital and everything looked great! We don't have to go back for another 6 months.  On our way home, since we drive through AsiaTown, she and I decided to stop for lunch.  
Love seeing her use chopsticks!!

That about sums us up lately!

2 comments:

Bethany @ Our 4 Sons Plus 1...Super Cute Girly Girl said...

Yum! That food looks fantastic!
Have a great time at the little fairy tale park! We have a similar one about two hours from our home- that's the kind of amusement park I prefer as well, but I think my older ones have kind of "aged out" by now. Why do they have to grow up so fast?

Seth said...

We are bummed we can't come for the 4th of July too!! Since hospitals are always open RNs always have to work! Love and miss you guys!!