About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Crank it up...


the oven, that is!  Like much of the country, we have been experiencing some pretty intense, cold weather.  And I think I can pretty much speak for most people in our area that we are so.over.it.

However I also know that we've still got quite a few weeks left of these frosty temperatures so I'd better just suck it up and deal with it!  That being said, since it is so cold outside, might as well do a little baking inside.

This afternoon all was quiet in the house and I did some serious baking with peanut butter-chocolate granola from here, mint chocolate chip Neiman Marcus bars from here, and whole wheat blueberry muffins from here. Let me just tell you--the house smelled divine!  The minute the Noodle walked into the house she took one sniff and said "You've been making granola, haven't you?".  The kid knows.
The Neiman Marcus bars are for a certain someone who has a milestone birthday that we're celebrating on Saturday.  The granola is pretty standard fare around here--great for breakfast, lunch or a snack.  As soon as it runs out I usually make more.  The blueberry muffin recipe was a new one, but I make the banana whole wheat muffins all the time and so I'm sure these will be good as well.

Baked anything good lately?

No comments: