About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Friday, February 13, 2015

China map hoop art


Got any fabric scraps lying around?  Looking for the perfect project in which to use them?  Have I got an idea for you!
At some point in time, I had come across this and thought--totally cute!  I could do that.
Then I saw this  and was completely smitten!  I mean, c'mon!  Love all those colors!!
I decided to tweak it a bit though, and make it a bit more personalized to our family.  Not that I don't love the good ol' U.S. of A., but I thought the map of China just might fit the bill.

I basically followed the directions here just using China instead of America.  The directions are easy to follow and, best part, there's NO sewing involved!  

In order to help my own brain plan, I colored each province.  
Now, by no means is this an exact replica...since I did this by hand the provinces aren't perfect.  If you're looking for perfection, then perhaps using a cutting machine would be the way to go?!  I love how it turned out though!
We hung it in our mudroom where it adds a nice jolt of color.  It's also a subtle reminder of how our family has been knit together to make a whole.
So gather up all your scrappy fabric and go to town!

No comments: