About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Quick pick-me-up for the laundry room

One of the first things J did once we moved into our house, back in 2012, was to set-up the laundry room. Previously, it had been in the basement.  An unfinished, dank, pit space.  We had relocated it up to a main level and once the paint was up, the flooring was down and the trim was in place, we, meaning J, moved on to the next project.  I foo-fooed it up a bit by adding some scrappy bunting, tutorial here, but that was about it.  We knew we'd probably go back and do a little more but it was fine for the time being.
Last weekend, J got it into his mind to add some beadboard to the laundry room.  Now let me just say, if you're looking for a quick and (relatively) inexpensive project with lots of impact, this one is totally for you! For about $20 for 1 sheet of beadboard, some trim and a can of white paint, you can take your space to the next level ;)
So while he was waiting for the paint to dry in the dining room (multiple plates spinning in the air, no?!), he set about working on the laundry room.  I had seen this cute idea and since we had some old windows from the dining room that had been removed and sigh wouldn't be able to be used again, I thought I'd re-purpose them as wall art.  
At the end of the weekend I had a bright, spiffy new laundry room.  Whoo-hoo!

1 comment:

Seth said...

Dude's amazing! If we ever own a house I hope yours is done so that we can rent him out! LOL