About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Friday, December 13, 2013

Making our list

At the beginning of December, the Noodle and I made a list of all the things we wanted to do this Advent. Sing Christmas carols.  Make peppermint milkshakes.  Read our favorite Christmas Books.  Go see lights. Fun stuff like that.  
One thing that surprised me, that she wanted to do, was to go see Santa.  Not that there's anything odd in that, it is just that she was always a bit afraid of the big guy!  Last year her old school had a breakfast with Santa and so she got her picture taken with him.  Obvs. she wasn't too scared, since she wanted to do it again. Last Sunday our little community had a light up the village and Santa flipped the lights on the community tree. It was the perfect set-up...manageable crowds, short line, and realistic (if a bit hippy) Santa! Everyone was happy :)
The other thing that the Noodle (still) loves to do during the Christmas season, is play with the L*ttle P*ople Nativity set.  It is one of her favorite things to do.  Sometimes we'll play out the Christmas story and other times we'll play out some other story line.  She loves to play with it with J and I but is quite content to play on her own as well.  Each time she sits down in front of it, it brings a smile to my face!  
 2009:

2010:
 2011:


No comments: