About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Friday, October 14, 2011

Yippee! No School...

...for me that is :)  Today, for reasons only known to the education gurus, the public schools didn't have school while the Catholics did.  Usually it is the other way around because it is St. Something-or-Other day.  Anywhooo, I was able to go into the Noodle's class to volunteer.  It has been killin' me not to know what it is like in her new room, because unfortunately, the Noodle is not a fount of information!
I think I might have said earlier, but her preschool follows the Reggio Emilia approach.  That being said, the environment is often called "the third teacher" and so the children go outside each and every day.  I believe they say, "there is no inappropriate weather, just inappropriate clothes for the weather".  No matter the precipitation.  No matter the temperature.  That is all fine and good when you live in a beautiful, temperate climate like San Diego, but in our neck of the woods, that can be downright crazy!
Today wasn't too bad.  Stiff wind off the Lake.  Puddles galore.  Damp, chilly weather.  The kiddos didn't seem to mind.  In fact one was running around in just short sleeves (?!?!).  Mine was adamant about wearing her vest, but somehow I convinced her to put her extra large rain-slicker over top. 
After that it was inside to make homemade applesauce.  What a wonderful smell that is--apples baking!  Yum.  When it was all said and done, the applesauce came out pink which was a pleasant surprise for many. 
When it was time to leave preschool, I gave the Noodle and big hug and kiss and left her in the trusty hands of our wonderful babysitter.  Then I headed to the mall to begin some early Christmas shopping.  I know.  It is only the middle of October, but the times are limited when I won't have a little one with me, so I decided to go for it.  I also can't tell a lie.  It was great being able to browse at my own pace.  Bad Mama.  Tee Hee!

No comments: