About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The creeping crud

One thing that I have always been a stickler for, is "following the routine".  J teases me that I'm the one who needs the routine more than the Noodle.  He's probably right!  Ha ha.  I do know, however, that all most kids feel comfortable, secure, safe and therefore happy, when they know what to expect and what's coming next. 
Even now that I'm back to work, we still follow the same basic structure and routine.  Take quiet time for example.  I know that I had it pretty lucky that she napped until this past summer.  "A 4 plus-year old napping?  Lucky you!" I'd always hear.  When we finally did away with the nap, but moved to "quiet time", I didn't know how she'd do.  But again, the structure and routine was already there, so that really helped.  I just introduced the timer and the big ol' bag of library books and we were set.  She really is so good at entertaining herself.  Much better than I'm sure I was at her age.  Probably more like her daddy.  He's still good at entertaining himself...and me, still not so much.  Some things never change.
So you're probably wondering where all this rambling is going.  And why I'm posting at 2:15 in the afternoon instead of being at school.  And why the title of this post is "the creeping crud".  Weeellll....I think the Noodle has pink eye.  Poor thing!  J took the morning off from work and I got the afternoon shift (along with the doctor's appointment).  At least she feels fine, just a weepy eye (insert yuck chorus here).  We'll see what the doctor says.

No comments: