About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

CSA--week 3

So here we have our CSA bounty for the week (plus a little chewed up, green pea-pod in the Noodle's mouth--lovely, right?!).  The Groucho Marx mask was thanks to the library...she was the FIRST person to finish the summer reading challenge!!!  Whoo-Hooo!  As an aside, each week they had to "read" 5 books (or have 5 books read to them or for older kids, read for 5 hrs./wk).  This last week, she actually did read 5 books.  Heh heh...you go girl!

Anyhooooo, on tap for this week was:  garlic, onion, bok choy, maple syrup, mint, pea-pods, yellow squash, zucchini and a couple of pickles.  Anyone know what to do with those, since there are only like 2 and I have NO interest in learning how to can or pickle?  Can you use them just like regular cucumbers?  Do tell!

No comments: