About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Monday, February 15, 2010

Weekend Re-cap

It was a busy, busy weekend around here, what with Valentine's day and Chinese New Year! Living close to a big city allows us the opportunity to visit Chinatown anytime we desire. This year, they were offering lots of activities, so we went down to nose and browse around and watch some Chinese dancing. Great stuff!

See anything that looks tasty?

Hmmm...live frogs perhaps? No?!
Love that Budda guy...just cracks me up, especially his belly.


For Valentine's day, Lolly and Papa came over for the afternoon, giving J and I the chance to go out for a little "date". Where did we go you ask? Why to pick out a new dining room floor!! Romantic, huh? It WAS, though, because it was great just being together. We already had in mind what we wanted, so it really didn't take too long, and then we went out for a drink afterwards. We were home in time for a special dinner and the red velevet cake the Noodle had helped me make and decorate. As a disclaimer here, I have quickly come to the realization that I am NOT a good cake decorator. My Nana is ALWAYS baking double layer chocolate cakes with fabulous, smooth frosting and they never seem to topple, crumb through the frosting or generally look like the cat has dragged them in. Sigh. Good thing that my 2 biggest fans don't hold it against me...and that it tasted MUCH better than it looked.

Watch out...that red velvet batter stains somethin' fierce!

Don't those Valentine M & Ms just make ya smile? Kinda like the leaning tower o'cake.

No comments: