About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Nursery School visit

Today I went in to share a story with the Noodle's Nursery School class. Since Chinese New Year was celebrated on Sunday, I thought it would be a great way to begin introducing her little friends to that aspect of her life. Before we read My First Chinese New Year by Karen Katz, we discussed a little bit about adoption, why our family celebrates the Lunar New Year and China. Obviously it was a lot to take in for a bunch of 3 year-olds, but all in all they did pretty well. One little girl asked if she could have a dress like the Noodle's and another boy told me that he flew on an airplane to China and then to Chicago a few days ago. Ha ha ha!! We had also brought in fortune cookies for the kiddos to take home, so I cracked one open and paraphrased the fortune inside for them. They were quite excited to eat them, but had a hard time understanding that they'd have to wait until they got home so their parents could read the fortunes to them. Throughout the entire exchange, the C.N. never left my side...perhaps we have a future teacher budding inside?!

No comments: