About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving re-cap

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5: 16-18

So innocent...
and yet, with the tug on the ribbons...voila!
Two of my biggest blessings.
What gathering would be complete without a little piano time?
Hugs all around at the end of a delicious dinner.

Our Thanksgiving was a traditional one with all the fixins'. Turkey, mashed potatoes, cranberry salad, corn, green beans, rolls, stuffing--sooooo much food. So tasty too. There were 16 of us gathered around the table and I know I can say, without a shadow of a doubt, that it was a joyful, family-filled time.

This year, J's aunt decided to have everyone write down on tissue paper leaves what they were thankful for and then incorporated them into the centerpiece. One of the teenage cousins wrote "I'm thankful for my parents because I wouldn't be where I am without them". Isn't that so sweet? Just exactly what I hope the Noodle says one day. When I asked her what she was thankful for, she replied "Ummm...Pooh Bear". Out of the mouth of babes, I guess.

No comments: