About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Sunday, November 22, 2009

A morning ritual...with a twist


Most mornings, when the Noodle wakes up, she loves to bundle up and go downstairs to read books. This snuggle time is of course wonderful for J and I too. This morning, she decided she wanted to really get cozy...and wear her new hat and mittens. She also has on some new jammies (thanks Grandma!).

A habit that started in the summer (sleeping only in a diaper--still wearing one at nap and during the night although most times she's dry) has continued, even though the weather has turned colder. We keep telling her that once the snow flies she HAS to sleep in jammies, but darn it, just like a strong-willed almost 3-year-old, she has her own agenda. She likes to be completely swaddled in blankets, to the point where she almost can't move. The good thing is that she's pretty covered, but still. When the temps are down in the single digits, you need more to keep warm! Especially considering that a certain someone turns the thermostat back to 58 degrees at night!!! Brrrrrr. Thankfully, most times we can convince her to put jammies on when she gets up, but not all the time. Sigh. I just keep telling myself that she won't freeze herself to death.................

1 comment:

Susan said...

Winter clothes & jammies look good together! I agree with you...58? We turn ours down to 66 & I think that's cold in the morning!