About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Saturday, August 8, 2009

New pillow and pillowcase

One of the things that we quickly learned about the Chinese Noodle once we brought her home, was that when she went to sleep, she would often lay her head on one of the blankets folded at the end of her bed. We couldn't figure out why she did this, but I bought her a small toddler pillow, since it seemed like she wanted something to rest her head on. She didn't want that though--only the blankets to lay on. As an aside, since she was older, we weren't worried about having blankets or a pillow in the crib. One day, while I was browsing the photos on the Yahoo site specific to her orphanage, I came across a picture of some cribs in the orphanage. In it, there were a few children who were laying down and guess what they were laying on? That's right...folded blankets. Aha! The light bulb finally went on! This must be what the orphanage used for pillows. The Noodle did that in the orphanage and just carried it over here.

Fast-forward to today. Since she has been in a big-girl-bed, we've been using some of our pillows to soften the floor, since she's had a few night-time roll offs (poor thing). Sometimes she pulls one of the pillows off the floor and wants to sleep on it. I decided that she needed her own big-girl-pillow. I picked up a package of white pillowcases from TJ M*XX and some R*tt dye in rose pink and got to work. I already had large white ric-rac and green grosgrain ribbon so that was easy to add as well. So...what do you think of the finished product? The Noodle was very excited about her "pink pillow".

No comments: