About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Bathing beauties and CSA week 8




We slathered on the SPF and headed to the pool today with our friends. This pool is great because it has quiet an extensive "baby" area, where the water is really shallow, but because there are so many features, it doesn't really matter. There are bouncy swings, a lazy slide, lilypads to hop across, various apparatus that spew, spray and dump water (the Noodle kept saying that it was raining), plus a splash zone--and that's only in the little kiddo area! I think we will all sleep well tonight (someone certainly did at naptime).

The CSA produce this week is going to force me to peruse my cookbooks to find some new and interesting recipes again. Anyone know what to do with a kohlrabi?! Guess I'll find out......Included this week in the stash was: kale, bib lettuce, flat onions, cherry tomatoes, green beans, eggplant, garlic, peaches and kohlrabi.

Smile!!!

I LOVE cherry tomatoes!!

1 comment:

David,Lois,Austin, Darrell & Leila said...

What a fantastic looking pool. How fun!