About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Busy week, 6 month post-placement and other things

Roar!!! At least the lions were outside on this brisk day.
There are so many fun things to do at the library!
I love to climb into the little house and peak out.
I'm getting to be soo tall.
Wow!! Look at all of the fish--you don't see fish like this at the regular grocery store
Standing outside the Chinese Market with our purchases
My brother with the C.N. at Christmas
It is turning into a very busy week for us and it is only Wednesday afternoon! We had a visit to the Rainforest (inside) as well as the zoo (outside), library time, a trip to the Chinese market, first speech therapy appointment and a visit from our social worker for our 6 month post-placement visit. Can you believe that at the end of March, we will have been home with the Chinese Noodle for 6 months?! I can't. The time has flown by!! On the other hand, I can't imagine life without her--she is such a joy.

Things with the speech therapist went well and the C.N. LOVED "Dee-Dee". There weren't any red flags that stuck out to her, just that the C.N. is demonstrating all of the typical types of speech patterns that beginning language learners show. She of course is curious as to how things will shake out, especially once the palate is repaired, so we'll keep working on things, just like we have been.

The temperature is slowly inching up, and I think that by the end of the week it will be in the mid-50s. That's perfect, because we have the playgroup coming to our house on Friday and I'm hoping we'll be able to go to a local park and be outside! Tomorrow is the planetarium, so come the weekend, we'll be ready for a breather!

Last, by certainly not least, I have to wish my little bro a happy birthday (it was yesterday 3/3). He's getting up there in years, but has one more until the big 3-0 ha ha! Love ya :)

1 comment:

Seth said...

I'm honored to have made the blog...thanks for the shout-out and the birthday call and card. The card came yesterday with Mom and Dad's. Thanks for thinking of me!

Love you guys!

p.s. Glad to hear the speech therapist appt went well!