About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Saturday, September 5, 2015

Painting Rocks


Last week was bright and cool and after getting inspired from this, Mei Mei decided she wanted to go paint some rocks!
We headed down to the Lake and found plenty of rocks to gather and of course throw.  So. much. fun.
"I spy a heart shaped rock!"
 She marched in to get her watercolor paints and her art mat--all set and ready to go!  I was actually going to get my acrylic paints but once I saw that she was thinking watercolors, I was all for it.  I mean, watercolors and 4 year olds are so much better, don't ya think?!  She also has a tenancy to move on from whatever she's painting to painting her nails and watercolors are sooo much easier for cleaning up!
 See how pretty they look?  The colors obviously faded, but she didn't care.  It was all about the process.  Later on in the afternoon, while I was helping the Noodle with homework, she marched right back to the porch and flipped those rocks over and painted the backside of them.
 Serious little artist at work--bless her heart!

No comments: