About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Happy Fall!

It is official...fall is here!  We've certainly been having our share of beautifully sunny days and cool nights.  Love it!  The prediction is that by the first week in October, all the trees in our neck of the woods will be showing off their splendor--
    "The heavens declare the glory of God; the sky displays his handiwork.  Day after day it speaks out; night after night it reveals his greatness."--Psalm 19:1-2
I don't typically decorate for fall, but had found a few inspiring things on P*nterest and thought...why not?!  Some book pumpkins here, some crushed panne (sounds super fancy, doesn't it?!) gourds there, burlap and some pom-pom bunting and we can call it a day.  
I had done this wreath last year (inspired by this),
and since we live on a corner and have "technically" 2 front doors, I wanted to update the other wreath and had seen this and so turned it into this
I'll probably change out the fall burlap bunting closer to Thanksgiving,
and am thinking of giving my hand a go at these
A couple years ago, the Noodle and I brought a whole bunch of great acorns into the house.  A few days later we started seeing these gross white wormy things appearing in random spots around the house.  I freaked and thought for sure we had an infestation of something.  Duh.  My F-I-L reminded me that the source of the wormies were the acorns--note to self either freeze or bake the acorns before getting creative with them!

Happy Fall! 

No comments: