About Me

My photo
I love to laugh and love with my family, read, exercise, cook and sew, all the while giving thanks to God for his immeasureable love and faithfulness to me.

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Kitchen re-do part II

A few days ago I shared part I in our kitchen re-do

Before shots
After he had painted the walls and cabinets, changed out the lighting and switched out the breakfast bar with a bowling alley (seriously!) it was time to hit the counters and the sink/backsplash.
As I had explained earlier, this little project had begun before the holidays and we had gotten our referral for Mei Mei but we were still waiting on travel dates.  Those finally came in January with a travel date of February.  That being said, the kitchen was put on hold while we got down to the serious business of bringing home our little one!  Seriously exciting stuff!!

Once we arrived home and life settled down into a more normal routine, J picked up where he had left off. He sold me on using some retro boomerang laminate for the counters and then the Saturday before Easter, he put in a new sink and faucet.
 
The finishing touch was to just put up the backsplash behind the sink and voila......
our new kitchen!

I love how bright and cheery it is.  What a change, don't ya think?!

***And in all honesty and full disclosure, the kitchen is never this tidy...but who wants to see a bunch of junk cluttering up the counters?!  Just keepin' it real ;)

No comments: